So here are the 12 essay questions for this year’s A-levels GP Paper 1:
- ‘There is no such thing as bad publicity.’ To what extent is this true?
- How far is it possible for one country to forgive another for its past actions?
- How effectively is public health promoted and managed in your country?
- ‘No cause is ever worth dying for’. Discuss.
- Consider the argument that the main purpose of television should be to educate rather than simply to entertain.
- In your society, how well are the demands of the economy and the environment balanced?
- ‘Parents have no right to impose their own values and beliefs on their children.’ Discuss.
- ‘Books serve little purpose in education as technological developments become more sophisticated’. How far do you agree?
- To what extent should the arts in your society focus on local rather than foreign talent?
- Should there be any controls over the production of energy when the need for it is so great?
- When a government’s finances for social welfare are limited, should they be directed towards the young or the old?
- ‘Human actions should be based on scientific fact, not religious faith’. How far do you agree with this statement?
In future posts, I will be sharing in greater detail my thoughts and approaches for some of these questions, so stay tuned! =)
In the meantime, which Question would you have chosen to answer and how would you have answered it? =P